Senior Consultants & Managers, Government & Public Services
Our clients range from FTSE100 companies to central Government departments and local public service provders, and we support them with their most complex, high-profile transformation programmes.
Moorhouse provides organisations with an end-to-end advisory offering from strategic design to business case development, change management and programme delivery.
Our people are some of the best you will have the opportunity to work with. What stands them apart is the genuine realisation that we can all excel, grow and develop our careers in Moorhouse together. Our relentless focus on maintaining a high-quality bar when it comes to recruitment has been instrumental in differentiating us with our clients and is key to our continued growth and success as a firm.
We are equally passionate about developing our team, and we offer the best of both worlds: challenging and complex client engagements that rival the big firm consultancies, but also the nurturing, agile and transparent culture of a small firm.
Our people do not need to compete with each other because of promotion quotas or the typical distribution curves that govern performance management in other organisations. We recognise and reward performance consistently and transparently across the firm so that everyone knows where they stand.
Over the next five years our strategy is to maintain our strong growth trajectory and to double in size. To support this, and meet growing demand from our clients, we are currently looking to recruit experienced Government & Public Services consultants to join us on this exciting journey.
What we are looking for
Are you looking to join a fast paced and growing team, with significant opportunity to accelerate your career development?
Moorhouse has a growing presence across the Government & Public Services sector, helping our clients to shape and deliver their most ambitious and complex business transformation and technology-enabled change programmes.
We are currently seeking Senior Consultants and Managers with significant consulting experience in the public sector.
We will expect you to lead blended consultant / client delivery teams on key engagements and accounts, with support from our senior leadership team. An ability to combine being a trusted advisor and identifying business development opportunities, with ‘on the ground’ client delivery work. In addition, we will expect you to motivate, support and develop junior members of the Moorhouse team and play an active role in supporting the career development of a small group of colleagues.
The successful candidate must be able to evidence:
- At least 5 years consulting experience, preferably gained from global top tier and/or boutique management consultancies delivering at this level.
- Experience working across different public sector organisations, delivering and implementing complex business change and transformational programmes that has had demonstrable benefits across local, regional or national public services.
- We have a particular interest in candidates who have worked with client organisations in central Government departments, Home Affairs & Justice, Policing, Higher Education, Local Government, Arts & Charities sector, and / or Healthcare.
- Skills in one or more of Programme Management, Change, Operating Model Design, Customer, Digital & Technology or Performance Improvement.
- Building and nurturing strong relationships, both with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with senior client stakeholders.
- Ability to lead by example and work collaboratively as part of a blended team.
- Degree qualified with appropriate professional qualifications and accreditations.
- Eligibility to gain Government security clearance of CTC or higher (SC or above preferred).
To be extraordinary in this role we would expect candidates to:
- Have exceptional management skills
- Motivate and support the development and high performance of our people through informal coaching and leadership
- Think strategically and innovatively
- Inspire others and be seen as a thought leader
- Take personal accountability for business performance and outcomes
Our behaviour and culture is deeply rooted in our values:
- Integrity and accountability: We will do what we say and do it well
- Collaboration: How we do things is as important as what we do, so our approach is always collaborative whether working alongside our clients or together as a firm
- Sense of humour and perspective: We take our work seriously but not ourselves
- Positive pragmatism: Anything is possible, but not everything is sensible
These values apply whether working with a client, a colleague or partner organisation.
Everyone is encouraged to shape and contribute to the continued growth and success of the firm. Every Quarter, the firm 'Escapes' for 24 hours (and annually for four days) to ensure that we regularly come together as a team, share ideas, celebrate success and re-connect with colleagues.
Package and Location
- A total cash package of £80,000 comprising of a base salary of £51,500 for Senior Consultants and total cash package of £110,000 comprising of a base salary of £72,100 for Managers. Both have a combination of personal and company bonuses that are paid every six months – we pride ourselves in being in the top-quartile across all consulting salary benchmarks.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by one day for every full year of service to a maximum of 30 days
- The ability to buy or sell up to five days of annual leave per year
- Life Assurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- A range of discounted lifestyle and well-being benefits through Perkbox
Moorhouse is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and our values underpin a working environment that is inclusive for all those who work for us. We encourage people to bring their whole selves to work, contribute ideas, take initiative and be responsible for their impact on others internally and externally.
We are committed to searching for and recruiting the best qualified candidates, placing merit and competence at the core of recruitment decisions.
Register your details below
If you would like to find out more, please visit our website; www.moorhouseconsulting.com.